What Do Cycling Through The Centuries Tours Include?
Before the Trip
- Pre-tour packet detailing general information about the country, what to bring and a list of related reading material that you might want to peruse before leaving.
- Tour specific packing list including all our recommended items to make your trip memorable, comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable.
- Free assistance with pre and post-tour hotel bookings, airline reservations, travel insurance and help with pre- or post-tour trip itineraries.
On the Road
- Use of lightweight,aluminium frame road or hybrid bikes included with every tour. All with ergonomic seats, smooth shifting, adjustable handlebars, a rear carrier rack and all maintained by our expert mechanics.
- Bilingual experienced guides familiar with the country and the terrain and armed with cell phones. Usually, at least one guide is a native who provides an in-depth look at his or her country’s culture.
- Informative daily briefings with our acclaimed route maps.
- Historical and cultural information on each day’s ride or walk.
- Routes chalked daily with arrow markings.
- Use of guide books and related reading material.
- All breakfasts and most dinners - including wine.
- Pic-nics and lunches as per each itinerary.
- Unlimited fruit, snacks and water en-route 24 / 7.
- Support van to transport luggage and tired riders.
- Yours to keep - Cycling Centuries monogrammed water bottle.
- Ride the yellow jersey - custom Cycling Centuries racing jersey.
- Water resistant bike bag with tire levers, pump, spare tube and a lock. No need for a patch kit - we are always at hand.
Because We Know What Matters
- Welcome Drinks Reception to break the ice!
- Outstanding accommodations, ranging from boutique hotels, country inns and manor houses to 4 or 5-star hotels, pousadas and paradors - all chosen for our 3 C's: comfort, charm and convenience to sights.
- All entrance fees to scheduled historical sights, wine tasting and museums.
- All en-route transportation fees such as trains, ferries or buses.
- All tips and gratuities at restaurants.
Be sure to read the following: